It is our intention to make the Pre-school/Club genuinely accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community, in order to accomplish this we will:
- Ensure the existence of the Pre-school/Club is widely known in all local communities. We will place notices advertising the Pre-School/Club in places where all sections of the community can
- Arrange our admissions list by priority: Any child who is deemed to have additional needs, be it social, medical or educational. Any child who is in receipt of early years funding
or is eligible for two year old funding. Any child where one (single parent household) or both parents are employed and any child that moves in to the area and is due to start primary school
within the following three terms. Admission is also based on the amount of staff employed at the pre-school and the number of children registered at any given time.
- Admission for the Pre-school will not be before 2 years of age, and is at the discretion of the leader, staff and parent/carer. For the Holiday Club, admission is from 3 years until 12
years of age.
- Describe the Pre-school/Club and its practices in terms which make it clear that it welcomes both fathers and mothers, other relations and carers, including childminders, and people from all
cultural, ethnic, religious and social groups, with and without disabilities.
- Monitor the ethnic background of children joining the Pre-school/Club to ensure that no accidental discrimination is taking place.
- Make our equal opportunities policy widely known.
- Consult with families about opening times to avoid excluding anyone.
- Parents are required to make their child aware of behaviour acceptable at the Pre-school/Club as detailed in our Code of Conduct in the prospectus.